Human VHR Antibody
Human VHR Antibody Summary
Accession # P51452
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Vaccinia Virus VH1-related Phosphatase (VHR), also known as Dual-Specificity Phosphatase 3 (DUSP3), removes inorganic phosphate groups covalently attached to tyrosine, serine and threonine residues in proteins (1). It belongs to a family of phosphatases that selectively dephosphorylate MAP kinases. VHR has been shown to dephosphorylate cellular ERK1, ERK2 and JNK, but not p38 (2, 3). Phosphorylation of VHR at tyrosine 138 by ZAP70 enhances inhibition of ERK2, suggesting a role for VHR in modulating T-cell receptor responses (3). The enzymatic mechanism for VHR has been studied in detail (4) and its X-ray crystal structure has been characterized (5). Its well-defined biochemistry has made it useful in screening assays for compounds that inhibit phosphatases (6).
- Ishibashi, T. et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89:12170.
- Todd, J.L. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:13271.
- Alonso, A. et al. (2003) Nat. Immunol. 4:44.
- Zhang, Z.-Y. et al. (1995) Biochemistry 34:16088.
- Yuvaniyama, J. et al. (1996) Science 272:1328.
- Ueda, K. et al. (2002) FEBS Lett. 525:48.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human VHR Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human VHR Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human VHR Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image