Mouse IL-27 R alpha /WSX-1/TCCR Antibody
Mouse IL-27 R alpha /WSX-1/TCCR Antibody Summary
Accession # O70394
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: IL-27 R alpha/WSX-1/TCCR
IL‑27 R alpha (also known as WSX‑1 and TCCR) is a 85‑95 kDa member of the type I, group 2 cytokine receptor family (1‑6). Mature IL‑27 R alpha is a type I transmembrane glycoprotein that contains a 486 amino acid (aa) extracellular region, a 21 aa transmembrane segment and a 92 aa cytoplasmic domain. Consistent with type I cytokine receptors, the extracellular region contains four positionally conserved cysteine residues, a WSxWS motif (for receptor folding and ligand binding), and three fibronectin type III repeats. The intracellular domain contains a “box‑1” motif that may be involved with Janus kinases (3). In mouse, a soluble 33 kDa splice form that shows a 20 aa substitution for aa 251‑623 has been identified (7). The mouse IL‑27 R alpha extracellular region shares 63% amino acid identity with the human IL‑27 R alpha extracellular domain (2, 3). IL‑27 R alpha is expressed in mast cells, endothelial cells, NK cells, macrophages, monocytes, B cells, dendritic cells, and naïve T cells (1, 2, 4, 8). Typical of other class I cytokine receptor chains, the ligand binding IL‑27 R alpha molecule is known to heterodimerize with a signal‑transducing subunit (gp130) to form a functional IL‑27 receptor (9, 10). In addition, IL‑27 R alpha is reported to complex with CNTFR alpha and gp130 form a humanin receptor on neurons (7, 11), and to complex with gp130 and IL‑6 R to form a receptor for a p28:CLF heterodimeric cytokine on lymphocytes (12). Studies using IL‑27 R alpha /WSX‑1-/- mice reveal that IL‑27 has the ability to suppress T cell activity during infection, and to mediate an inhibition of both type 1 and type 2 T cell immunity (4, 13, 14). In particular, IL‑27 is known to act on naïve T cells, blocking their differentiation into a Th17 phenotype. Notably, cells committed to a Th17 phenotype, although they express a functional IL‑27 receptor, are unresponsive to the effects of IL‑27 (15). Activated T cells that are CD4+ and CD8+, and which express the IL‑27 receptor, can be induced by
IL‑27 to form a double‑positive CD25+ FoxP3- IFN‑ gamma plus IL‑10 secreting phenotype that both promotes and suppresses the inflammatory response (16).
- Villarino, A.V. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:715.
- Chen, Q. et al. (2000) Nature 407:916.
- Sprecher, C.A. et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 246:82.
- Artis, D. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:5626.
- Yoshida, H. and Y. Miyazaki (2008) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 40:2379.
- Yoshida, H. and M. Yoshiyuki (2008) Immunol. Rev. 226:234.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2009) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 389:95.
- Holscher, C. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 174:3534.
- Pflanz, S. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 172:2225.
- Scheller, J. et al. (2005) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 326:724.
- Hashimoto, Y. et al. (2009) Mol. Biol. Cell 20:2864.
- Crabe, S. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 183:7692.
- Villarino, A. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 170:645.
- Hamano., S. et al. (2003) Immunity 19:657.
- El-behi, M. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 183:4957.
- Fitzgerald, D.C. et al. (2007) Nat. Immunol. 8:1372.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse IL-27 R alpha /WSX-1/TCCR Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse IL-27 R alpha /WSX-1/TCCR Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse IL-27 R alpha /WSX-1/TCCR Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image