Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antibody Summary
Accession # P50230
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Rat CCL4/MIP‑1 beta by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of NR8383 rat alveolar macrophage cell line untreated (-) or treated (+) with 10 µg/mL LPS for 4 hours. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Sheep Anti-Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6935) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Sheep IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF016). A specific band was detected for CCL4/MIP-1 beta at approximately 12 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Chemotaxis Induced by CCL4/MIP‑1 beta and Neutralization by Rat CCL4/MIP‑1 beta Antibody. Recombinant rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta (Catalog # 6935-MB) induces BaF3 mouse proB cell line transfected with human CCR5 in a dose-dependent manner (orange line). The amount of cells that migrated through to the lower chemotaxis chamber was measured by Resazurin (Catalog # AR002). Chemotaxis elicited by Recombinant rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta (0.075 ug/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Sheep Anti-Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF6935). The ND50 is typically 0.1-0.5 ug/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: CCL4/MIP-1 beta
CCL4, also known as macrophage inflammatory protein 1 beta (MIP-1 beta ), is a 12 kDa beta chemokine that is secreted at sites of inflammation by activated leukocytes, lymphocytes, vascular endothelial cells, and pulmonary smooth muscle cells (1, 2). CCL4 attracts a variety of immune cells to sites of microbial infection as well as to other pathologic inflammation such as allergic asthma and ischemic myocardium (3 - 8). A CCL4 deficiency in mice promotes the development of autoantibodies, possibly as a result of compromised regulatory T cell recruitment (6). CCL4 is secreted from activated monocytes as a heterodimer with CCL3/MIP-1 alpha (9). The first two N-terminal amino acids can be cleaved from human CCL4 by CD26/DPPIV (10, 11). Both the full length and truncated forms exert biological activity through CCR5, and the truncated form additionally interacts with CCR1 and CCR2 (10). In humans, the ability of CCL4 to bind CCR5 inhibits the cellular entry of M‑tropic HIV-1 which utilizes CCR5 as a coreceptor (2). Both forms of CCL4 block HIV-1 infection of T cells by inducing the down‑regulation of CCR5 (10). Mature rat CCL4 shares 80% and 86% aa sequence identity with human and mouse CCL4, respectively.
- Rot, A. and U.H. von Andrian (2004) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 22:891.
- Menten, P. et al. (2002) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 13:455.
- Sun, X. et al. (2006) Infec. Immun. 74:5943.
- Bisset, L.R. and Schmid-Grendelmeier, P. (2005) Curr. Opin. Pulm. Med. 11:35.
- Frangogiannis, N.G. (2004) Inflamm. Res. 53:585.
- Bystry, R.S. et al. (2001) Nat. Immunol. 2:1126.
- Oliveira, S.H.P. et al. (2002) J. Leukoc. Biol. 71:1019.
- Schall, T.J. et al. (1993) J. Exp. Med. 177:1821.
- Guan, E. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:12404.
- Guan, E. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:32348.
- Guan, E. et al. (2004) J. Cell. Biochem. 92:53.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Rat CCL4/MIP-1 beta Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image