Human ADAMTS4 Antibody
Human ADAMTS4 Antibody Summary
Accession # O75173
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
ADAMTS4 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4), also known as aggrecanase-1, is a member of the family of secreted zinc proteases with a multi-domain structure (1‑3). The protein precursors consist of a signal peptide and the following domains: pro, catalytic, disintegrin-like, TS type 1 motif, cysteine-rich, and spacer. It is the only ADAMTS identified that has one TS type I motif. It is an active protease effectively cleaving alpha -2-macroglobulin and aggrecan at multiple sites, and is inhibited by TIMP-3 with inhibition constants in subnanomolar range (4‑6). It receives great attention due to the elevation in its mRNA level after treatment with Interleukin-1 (7). However, in a mouse model of osteoarthritis, ADAMTS4 knock-out mice did not exhibit any significant protective effect (8). The purified rhADAMTS4 starts at the catalytic domain and ends before the spacer domain. If desired, the aggrecanase activity can be inhibited by 5 mM 1,10‑phenanthroline and recombinant human TIMP-3 (R&D Systems, Catalog # 973-TM).
- Totorella, M. D. et al. (1999) Science 284:1664.
- Porter, S. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 386:15.
- Nagase, H. and M. Kashiwagi (2003) Arthritis Res. Ther. 5:94.
- Tortorella, M. D. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:17554.
- Struglics, A. et al. (2006) Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 14:101.
- Kashiwagi, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:12501.
- Pratta, M. A. et al. (2003) Arthritis Reum. 48:119.
- Glasson, S. S. et al. (2004) Arthritis Reum. 50:2547.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human ADAMTS4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAMTS4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAMTS4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image