Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9Y4C5
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of MOLT-4 human acute lymphoblastic leukemia cell line and Jurkat human acute T cell leukemia cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Goat Anti-Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF5107) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF019). A specific band was detected for Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 at approximately 50- 52 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 8.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2
The CHST family is comprised of 14 genes in both human and mouse. All members of this family are Golgi-localized type II membrane proteins. Only the luminal and enzymatic domain is expressed in each of our recombinant CHST proteins. These enzymes transfer sulfate (i.e., sulfonate) onto the 6-O or 4-O positions of GalNAc, Gal and GlcNAc residues on glycoproteins, proteoglycans and glycolipids (1). This sulfation often creates specific epitopes that can be recognized by extracellular matrix proteins, cell surface receptors and viruses (2). Human CHST2, also known as N-acetylglucosamine-6-O-sulfotransferase 1 (GlcNAc6ST-1) and Gal/GalNAc/GlcNAc 6-O-sulfotransferase (GST-2), was previously shown to act on non-reducing GlcNAc residues (3). The enzyme is known to be involved in biosynthesis of L-selectin ligand sialyl 6-sulfo Lewis X (4) and therefore plays a role in lymphocyte homing (5).
- Hemmerich, S. and Rosen, S. (2000) Glycobiology 10:849.
- Bowman, K. G. and Bertozzi, C. R. (1999) Chem. Biol. 5:447.
- Sakaguchi, H. et al. (2000) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1523:269.
- Uchimura, K. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:22577.
- Li, X. et al. (2001) J. Leukoc. Biol. 69:565.
- Robbins, P.W. (1962) Methods in Enzymology, Vol. V, Academic Press, Inc., New York, p.964.
- MacRae, I.J. et al. (2000) Biochemistry 39:1613.
- Wu, Z.L. et al. (2002) FASEB J. 16:539.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Carbohydrate Sulfotransferase 2/CHST2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image