Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody Summary
Accession # P05019
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Cell Proliferation Induced by IGF-I/IGF-1 and Neutralization by Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody. Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (Catalog # 291-G1) stimulates proliferation in the MCF-7 human breast cancer cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line), as measured by Resazurin (Catalog # AR002). Proliferation elicited by Recombinant Human IGF-I/IGF-1 (10 ng/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Rat Anti-Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB2912). The ND50 is typically 0.1-0.8 µg/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Insulin-like growth factor I, also known as somatomedin C, is the dominant effector of growth hormone and is structurally homologous to proinsulin. Human IGF-I is synthesized as two precursor isoforms with N- and alternate C-terminal propeptides (1). These isoforms are differentially expressed by various tissues (1). The 7.6 kDa mature IGF-I is identical between isoforms and is generated by proteolytic removal of the N- and C-terminal regions. Mature human IGF‑I shares 94% and 96% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat IGF-I, respectively (2), and exhibits cross-species activity. It shares 64% aa sequence identity with mature human
IGF‑II. Circulating IGF‑I is produced by hepatocytes, while local IGF-I is produced by many other tissues in which it has paracrine effects (1). IGF-I induces the proliferation, migration, and differentiation of a wide variety of cell types during development and postnatally (3). IGF-I regulates glucose and fatty acid metabolism, steroid hormone activity, and cartilage and bone metabolism (4-7). It plays an important role in muscle regeneration and tumor progression (1, 8). IGF-I binds IGF‑I R, IGF-II R, and the insulin receptor, although its effects are mediated primarily by IGF-I R (9). IGF-I association with IGF binding proteins increases its plasma half‑life and modulates its interactions with receptors (10).
- Philippou, A. et al. (2007) In Vivo 21:45.
- Sandberg-Nordqvist, A.C. et al. (1992) Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 12:275.
- Guvakova, M.A. (2007) Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 39:890.
- Clemmons, D.R. (2006) Curr. Opin. Pharmacol. 6:620.
- Bluher, S. et al. (2005) Best Pract. Res. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 19:577.
- Garcia-Segura, L.M. et al. (2006) Neuroendocrinology 84:275.
- Malemud, C.J. (2007) Clin. Chim. Acta 375:10.
- Samani, A.A. et al. (2007) Endocrine Rev. 28:20.
- LeRoith, D. and S. Yakar (2007) Nat. Clin. Pract. Endocrinol. Metab. 3:302.
- Denley, A. et al. (2005) Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 16:421.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human IGF-I/IGF-1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image