Human LYVE-1 DuoSet ELISA Summary
* Provided that the recommended microplates, buffers, diluents, substrates and solutions are used, and the assay is run as summarized in the Assay Procedure provided.
This DuoSet ELISA Development kit contains the basic components required for the development of sandwich ELISAs to measure natural and recombinant human LYVE-1. The suggested diluent is suitable for the analysis of most cell culture supernate samples. Diluents for complex matrices, such as serum and plasma, should be evaluated prior to use in this DuoSet.
- Optimized capture and detection antibody pairings with recommended concentrations save lengthy development time
- Development protocols are provided to guide further assay optimization
- Assay can be customized to your specific needs
- Economical alternative to complete kits
- Capture Antibody
- Detection Antibody
- Recombinant Standard
- Streptavidin conjugated to horseradish-peroxidase (Streptavidin-HRP)
Other Reagents Required
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kit 2 (5 plates): (Catalog # DY008) containing 96 well microplates, plate sealers, substrate solution, stop solution, plate coating buffer (PBS), wash buffer, and Reagent Diluent Concentrate 2.
The components listed above may be purchased separately:
Reagent Diluent: (Catalog # DY995), or 1% BSA in PBS, pH 7.2-7.4, 0.2 µm filtered
Substrate Solution: 1:1 mixture of Color Reagent A (H2O2) and Color Reagent B (Tetramethylbenzidine) (Catalog # DY999)
Stop Solution: 2 N H2SO4 (Catalog # DY994)
Human LYVE-1 ELISA Standard Curve
Preparation and Storage
Lymphatic Vessel Endothelial Hyaluronan (HA) Receptor-1 (LYVE-1) is a 60-kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein that is a member of the Link Protein superfamily. HA is found in the extracellular matrix of most animal tissues and in body fluids. It modulates cell behavior and functions during tissue remodeling, development, homeostasis, and disease. It is often used as a marker of lymphatic endothelia.
LYVE-1 is expressed on both the lumenal and ablumenal surfaces of lymphatic endothelium, and also on hepatic blood sinusoidal endothelia. This expression pattern, combined with studies showing that LYVE-1 can support cellular HA internalization in vitro, may suggest LYVE-1 participation in HA internalization for degradation, or transport of HA from tissues into the lumen of lymphatic vessels. LYVE-1-directed HA localization to lymphatic surfaces might also affect aspects of the immune response or tumor metastases. HA binding to CD44 can still occur in the presence of LYVE-1 in vitro. Therefore, LYVE-1-directed HA localization to lymphatics could provide a substrate for transmigrating CD44+ leukocytes or tumor cells. In addition to hepatic and lymphatic endothelia, some expression of LYVE-1 has been reported on Kupffer cells, the islets of Langerhans, cortical neurons, and renal epithelium. Roles for LYVE-1 on these cell and tissue types remain to be determined.
GENERAL ELISA PROTOCOL
- Dilute the Capture Antibody to the working concentration in PBS without carrier protein. Immediately coat a 96-well microplate with 100 μL per well of the diluted Capture Antibody. Seal the plate and incubate overnight at room temperature.
- Aspirate each well and wash with Wash Buffer, repeating the process two times for a total of three washes. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (400 μL) using a squirt bottle, manifold dispenser, or autowasher. Complete removal of liquid at each step is essential for good performance. After the last wash, remove any remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or by inverting the plate and blotting it against clean paper towels.
- Block plates by adding 300 μL Reagent Diluent to each well. Incubate at room temperature for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2. The plates are now ready for sample addition.
- Add 100 μL of sample or standards in Reagent Diluent, or an appropriate diluent, per well. Cover with an adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the Detection Antibody, diluted in Reagent Diluent, to each well. Cover with a new adhesive strip and incubate 2 hours at room temperature.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2 of Plate Preparation.
- Add 100 μL of the working dilution of Streptavidin-HRP to each well. Cover the plate and incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Repeat the aspiration/wash as in step 2.
- Add 100 μL of Substrate Solution to each well. Incubate for 20 minutes at room temperature. Avoid placing the plate in direct light.
- Add 50 μL of Stop Solution to each well. Gently tap the plate to ensure thorough mixing.
- Determine the optical density of each well immediately, using a microplate reader set to 450 nm. If wavelength correction is available, set to 540 nm or 570 nm. If wavelength correction is not available, subtract readings at 540 nm or 570 nm from the readings at 450 nm. This subtraction will correct for optical imperfections in the plate. Readings made directly at 450 nm without correction may be higher and less accurate.
Citations for Human LYVE-1 DuoSet ELISA
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Serum sLYVE-1 is not associated with coronary disease but with renal dysfunction: a retrospective study
Authors: D Dai, C Huang, J Ni, Z Zhu, H Han, J Zhu, R Zhang
Sci Rep, 2019;9(1):10816.
Sample Types: Serum
Tumor-associated mesenchymal stem-like cells provide extracellular signaling cue for invasiveness of glioblastoma cells
Authors: EJ Lim, Y Suh, KC Yoo, JH Lee, IG Kim, MJ Kim, JH Chang, SG Kang, SJ Lee
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
Integrated proteomic analysis of human cancer cells and plasma from tumor bearing mice for ovarian cancer biomarker discovery.
Authors: Pitteri SJ, JeBailey L, Faca VM, Thorpe JD, Silva MA, Ireton RC, Horton MB, Wang H, Pruitt LC, Zhang Q, Cheng KH, Urban N, Hanash SM, Dinulescu DM
PLoS ONE, 2009;4(11):e7916.
Sample Types: Plasma
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all ELISA FAQs
DuoSet Ancillary Reagent Kits
Supplemental ELISA Products
Reviews for Human LYVE-1 DuoSet ELISA
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human LYVE-1 DuoSet ELISA?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image