Mouse IFN-beta Antibody
Mouse IFN-beta Antibody Summary
Accession # P01575
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
IFN‑ beta Inhibition of Viral-induced Cytopathy and Neutralization by Mouse IFN‑ beta Antibody. Recombinant Mouse IFN-beta (Catalog # 8234-MB) reduces the viral-induced cytopathy in the L-929 mouse fibroblast cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line) as measured by Resazurin (Catalog # AR002). Inhibition of viral activity elicited by Recombinant Mouse IFN-beta (10 pg/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Rabbit Anti-Mouse IFN-beta Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB8234). The ND50 is typically 0.25-1.25 µg/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interferon beta (IFN-beta ), also known as fibroblast IFN, is a secreted, approximately 22 kDa member of the type I interferon family of molecules (1). Mature mouse IFN-beta shares 75% and 47% amino acid sequence identity with the rat and human proteins, respectively. Fibroblasts are the major producers of IFN-beta, but it can also be produced by dendritic cells, macrophages, and endothelial cells in response to pathogens (2). It is transcriptionally regulated by TRAF3, IRF3, IRF7, and NF-kappa B (3, 4). IFN-beta -deficient mice show increased susceptibility to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), a disease model of human multiple sclerosis (MS) (5). Furthermore, IFN-beta has been shown to suppress the Th17 cell response in both MS and EAE and has commonly been used as a treatment for MS (6-10). IFN-beta can additionally induce the expression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine IL-10 (11).
- González-Navajas, J.M. et al. (2012) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 12:125.
- Reder, A.T. and X. Feng (2013) Front. Immunol. 4:281.
- Schafer, S.L. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:2714.
- Häcker, H. et al. (2006) Nature 439:204.
- Teige, I. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 170:4776.
- Shinohara, M.L. et al. (2008) Immunity 29:68.
- Guo, B. et al. (2008) J. Clin. Invest. 118:1680.
- Ramgolam, V.S. and S. Markovic-Plese (2010) Endocr. Metab. Immune Disord. Drug Targets 10:161.
- Martín-Saavedra, F.M. et al. (2008) Mol. Immunol. 45:4008.
- Inoue, M. and M.L. Shinohara (2013) Immunology 139:11.
- Wang, H. et al. (2011) J. Immunol 186:675.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse IFN-beta Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse IFN-beta Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse IFN-beta Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image