Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody
Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody Summary
Accession # P32926
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Desmoglein-3, also known as pemphigus vulgaris antigen (PVA), is a 130 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein that belongs to the cadherin family of calcium dependent adhesion molecules (1‑3). Human Desmoglein-3 is synthesized with a 26 amino acid (aa) propeptide. The mature protein consists of a 566 aa extracellular domain (ECD) that contains four cadherin-like domains, a 25 aa transmembrane segment, and a 359 aa cytoplasmic domain (4). Within the ECD, human Desmoglein-3 shares 78% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Desmoglein-3. It shares 44%, 47%, and 56% aa sequence identity with Desmoglein-1, -2, and -4 respectively. Desmoglein-3 is one of the principal components of desmosomes which form adhesive contacts between epithelial cells (1, 2). It is expressed in the basal and suprabasal layers of stratified epithelia in many tissues (4‑6). During apoptosis, Desmoglein-3 is cleaved by caspases, plus MMP-2, and MMP-9 at sites within the cytoplasmic and extracellular regions, resulting in shortened transmembrane forms and a soluble 75 kDa ECD fragment (7, 8). The downregulation of Desmoglein-3 in oral squamous cell carcinoma correlates with metastatic potential (9). Desmoglein-3 is the target of autoantibodies in pemphigus vulgaris, a blistering skin disorder with compromised inter-keratinocyte adhesion (6, 10). Binding of these antibodies triggers Desmoglein-3 internalization and degradation by keratinocytes (10).
- Kottke, M.D. et al. (2006) J. Cell Sci. 119:797.
- Garrod, D.R. et al. (2002) Mol. Membr. Biol. 19:81.
- Leckband, D. and A. Prakasam (2006) Annu. Rev. Biomed. Eng. 8:259.
- Amagai, M. et al. (1991) Cell 67:869.
- Silos, S.A. et al. (1996) J. Biol. Chem. 271:17504.
- Amagai, M. et al (1996) J. Invest. Dermatol. 106:351.
- Weiske, J. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:41175.
- Cirillo, N. et al. (2007) Oral Dis. 13:341.
- Wang, L. et al. (2007) Virchows Arch. Sept. 11 epub.
- Calkins, C.C. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:7623.
Citation for Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Critical Role of the Neonatal Fc Receptor (FcRn) in the Pathogenic Action of Antimitochondrial Autoantibodies Synergizing with Anti-desmoglein Autoantibodies in Pemphigus Vulgaris.
Authors: Chen Y, Chernyavsky A, Webber R, Grando S, Wang P
J Biol Chem, 2015;290(39):23826-37.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Desmoglein-3 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image