Human Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I/TPP1 Antibody
Human Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I/TPP1 Antibody Summary
Accession # O14773
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I/TPP1
Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I (TPP1), also known as tripeptidyl aminopeptidase, is a lysosomal peptidase which can hydrolyze tripeptides from the N-termini of oligopeptides and also possesses weak endopeptidase activity (1‑3). TPP1 is a serine peptidase with a Ser-Glu-Asp catalytic triad, making it a member of the sedolisin family (4). The TPP1 precursor undergoes autoactivation under conditions of acidic pH (4). TPP1 is expressed in many tissues, with elevated expression in tissues associated with peptide hormone production (5). Mutations in TPP1 have been shown to be a cause of classic late‑infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (CLN2), a lysosomal storage disease (6).
- Sleat, D.E. et al. (1997) Science 277:1802.
- Ezaki, J. et al. (1999) J. Neurochem. 72:2573.
- Tomkinson, B. (1999) Trends Biochem. Sci. 24:355.
- Lin, L. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:2249.
- Kida, E. et al. (2001) J. Neuropathol. Exp. Neurol. 60:280.
- Sleat, D.E. et al. (1999) Am. J. Hum. Genet. 64:1511.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I/TPP1 Antibody
Average Rating: 4 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Tripeptidyl-Peptidase I/TPP1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image