Human TWEAK/TNFSF12 Antibody
Human TWEAK/TNFSF12 Antibody Summary
Accession # O43508
Human TWEAK/TNFSF12 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
TWEAK is a type II transmembrane protein belonging to the TNF superfamily (1). It contains a short cytoplasmic domain (amino acids (aa) 1-18), the transmembrane domain (aa 19-42) and an extracellular domain (aa 43-249). The extracellular domains of human and murine TWEAK share 89% aa sequence identity. A soluble form of TWEAK is generated from the membrane-associated molecules by proteolytic cleavage after Arg 93 suggesting that TWEAK may have long-range effects. TWEAK is expressed widely in many tissues and cells. At least two receptors that bind TWEAK have been identified (2-4). Death Receptor 3 (DR3), also known as TNFRSF12, Apo-3, LARD, WSL-1, or TRAMP, is a TNF receptor superfamily member that is expressed predominantly in tissues with high lymphocyte content (2). It has been suggested that induction of cell death by TWEAK-DR3 interaction involves the activation of NF-kappa B. In cells that lack DR3, alternate pathways of TWEAK-induced cell death mediated by receptors distinct from DR3 have been suggested (5, 6). TWEAK Receptor (TWEAK R, alternatively known as FN14), is a novel TNF receptor superfamily member that also binds TWEAK (3, 4). It is a mitogen-inducible gene that is expressed in fibroblasts, hepetocellular carcinomas and endothelial cells. TWEAK-TWEAK R interaction has been shown to play a role in endothelial cell growth and migration. This effect of TWEAK is not mediated by an up-regulation of VEGF (7).
- Chicheportiche, Y. et al. (1997) J. Biol Chem. 272:32401.
- Marsters, S. et al. (1998) Current Biol. 8:525.
- Wiley, S.R. et al. (2001) Immunity, 15:837.
- Feng, S-L.Y. et al. (2000) Am J. Path. 156:1253.
- Nakayama, M. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 168:734.
- Schneider, P. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Immunol., 29:1785.
- Lynch, C. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 274:8455.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human TWEAK/TNFSF12 Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human TWEAK/TNFSF12 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image