Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q60846
The ED50 for this effect is typically 1‑3 µg/mL.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
CD30/TNFRSF8 in Mouse Splenocytes. CD30/TNFRSF8 was detected in immersion fixed mouse splenocytes using 15 µg/mL Goat Anti-Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF852) for 3 hours at room temperature. Cells were stained (red) and counterstained (green). View our protocol for Fluorescent ICC Staining of Non-adherent Cells.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
CD30, also known as Ki-1 antigen and TNFRSF8, is a 120 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the TNF receptor superfamily (1, 2). Mature mouse CD30 consists of a 264 amino acid (aa) extracellular domain (ECD) with three cysteine-rich repeats, a 27 aa transmembrane segment, and a 190 aa cytoplasmic domain (3). In contrast, human CD30 includes an additional 90 aa in the ECD and contains six cysteine-rich repeats. Within common regions of the ECD, mouse CD30 shares 53% and 80% aa sequence identity with human and rat CD30, respectively. CD30 is normally expressed on antigen‑stimulated Th cells and B cells (4‑6). However, it is upregulated in Hodgkin’s disease (on Reed-Sternberg cells), other lymphomas, chronic inflammation, and autoimmunity (7). CD30 binds to CD30 Ligand/TNFSF8 which is expressed on activated Th cells, monocytes, granulocytes and medullary thymic epithelial cells (1, 5). CD30 signaling costimulates antigen‑induced Th0 and Th2 proliferation and cytokine secretion but favors a Th2-biased immune response (8). In the absence of antigenic stimulation, it can still induce T cell expression of IL-13 (9). CD30 contributes to thymic negative selection by inducing the apoptotic cell death of CD4+CD8+ T cells (10, 11). In B cells, CD30 ligation promotes cellular proliferation and antibody production in addition to the expression of CXCR4, CCL3, and CCL5 (5, 12). An 85‑90 kDa soluble form of CD30 is shed from the cell surface by TACE-mediated cleavage (13, 14). Soluble CD30 retains the ability to bind CD30 Ligand and functions as an inhibitor of normal CD30 signaling (15).
- Kennedy, M.K. et al. (2006) Immunology 118:143.
- Tarkowski, M. (2003) Curr. Opin. Hematol. 10:267.
- Bowen, M.A. et al. (1996) J. Immunol. 156:442.
- Hamann, D. et al. (1996) J. Immunol. 156:1387.
- Shanebeck, S.D. et al. (1995) Eur. J. Immunol. 25:2147.
- Gruss, H.-J. et al. (1994) Blood 83:2045.
- Oflzoglu E. et al. (2009) Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 647:174.
- Del Prete, G. et al. (1995) J. Exp. Med. 182:1655.
- Harlin, H. et al. (2002) J. Immunol. 169:2451.
- Amakawa, R. et al. (1996) Cell 84:551.
- Chiarle, R. et al. (1999) J. Immunol. 163:194.
- Vinante, F. et al. (2002) Blood 99:52.
- Hansen, H.P. et al. (1995) Int. J. Cancer 63:750.
- Hansen, H.P. et al. (2000) J. Immunol. 165:6703.
- Hargreaves, P.G. and A. Al-Shamkhani (2002) Eur. J. Immunol. 32:163.
Citation for Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Lymphomagenesis, hydronephrosis, and autoantibodies result from dysregulation of IL-9 and are differentially dependent on Th2 cytokines.
Authors: Lauder AJ, Jolin HE, Smith P, van den Berg JG, Jones A, Wisden W, Smith KG, Dasvarma A, Fallon PG
J. Immunol., 2004;173(1):113-22.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse CD30/TNFRSF8 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image