Mouse CRISP-1 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q03401
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Mouse CRISP‑1 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of mouse testis tissue. PVDF membrane was probed with 0.2 µg/mL of Goat Anti-Mouse CRISP-1 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF4675) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF109). A specific band was detected for CRISP-1 at approximately 25-29 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
CRISP‑1 in Mouse Epididymus. CRISP-1 was detected in immersion fixed frozen sections of mouse epididymus using Goat Anti-Mouse CRISP-1 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF4675) at 10 µg/mL overnight at 4 °C. Tissue was stained using the NorthernLights™ 557-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (red; Catalog # NL001) and counterstained with DAPI (blue). Specific staining was localized to cytoplasm. View our protocol for Fluorescent IHC Staining of Frozen Tissue Sections.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Cysteine‑rich secretory protein 1 (CRISP‑1), also known as Acidic Epididymal Glycoprotein 1 (AEG1) and Sperm‑Coating Glycoprotein 1 (SCP1), is a 29-32 kDa (26.4 kDa predicted) protein that is involved in male reproductive biology (1, 2). CRISPs belong to the CAP superfamily of molecules that also includes several snake, insect, and lizard venom proteins (3). Structurally, CRISPs consist of an N‑terminal SCP/CAP domain, a hinge region, and a Cys‑rich domain with 16 invariant cysteine residues (4). CRISPs are expressed in discrete but overlapping regions of the male reproductive tract and play a role in spermatozoa adhesion with Sertoli cells and oocytes, decapacitation, and the acrosomal reaction (1). Expression patterns, genomic structure, and sequence conservation indicate that the likely ortholog of human CRISP‑1 in mouse and rat is CRISP‑4 (5, 6). Mature mouse CRISP‑1 shares 68% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with rat CRISP‑1. It shares 55%, 73%, and 43% aa sequence identity with mouse CRISP‑2, ‑3, and ‑4, respectively. Rodent CRISP‑1 is secreted by the epididymal epithelium and associates with the surface of spermatozoa in the epididymis where it inhibits capacitation (7‑9). It is released from the sperm cell surface once capacitation begins in the female reproductive tract or in vitro (10). CRISP‑1 is involved in the interaction of spermatozoa with the oocyte zona pellucida as well as in the fusion of sperm and egg (11, 12). CRISP‑1 is additionally expressed in the lower medulla of hair shafts and under androgen control in the submandibular salivary glands of male mice (13‑15).
- Koppers, A.J. et al. (2011) Asian J. Androl. 13:111.
- Gibbs, G.M. et al. (2008) Endocr. Rev. 29:865.
- Yamazaki, Y. and T. Morita (2004) Toxicon 44:227.
- Guo, M. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:12405.
- Jalkanen, J. et al. (2005) Biol. Reprod. 72:1268.
- Nolan, M.A. et al. (2006) Biol. Reprod. 74:984.
- Charest, N.J. et al. (1989) Endocrinology 125:942.
- Maldera, J.A. et al. (2011) Biol. Reprod. 85:503.
- Nixon, B. et al. (2006) Biol. Reprod. 74:275.
- Roberts, K.P. et al. (2003) Biol. Reprod. 69:572.
- Busso, D. et al. (2007) Biol. Reprod. 77:848.
- Da Ros, V.G. et al. (2008) Dev. Biol. 320:12.
- Haendler, B. et al. (1993) Endocrinology 133:192.
- Mizuki, N. and M. Kasahara (1992) Mol. Cell. Endocrinol. 89:25.
- Peterson, R.L. et al. (2005) J. Investig. Dermatol. Symp. Proc. 10:238.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Mouse CRISP-1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Mouse CRISP-1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Mouse CRISP-1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image