Recombinant Human EGF GMP Protein, CF Summary
The specific activity of Recombinant Human EGF is approximately 1.4 x 103 IU/μg, which is calibrated against human EGF WHO International Standard (NIBSC code: 91/530).
Asn971-Arg1023, with an N-terminal Met
Produced using non-animal reagents in an animal-free laboratory.
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
CF stands for Carrier Free (CF). We typically add Bovine Serum Albumin (BSA) as a carrier protein to our recombinant proteins. Adding a carrier protein enhances protein stability, increases shelf-life, and allows the recombinant protein to be stored at a more dilute concentration. The carrier free version does not contain BSA.
In general, we advise purchasing the recombinant protein with BSA for use in cell or tissue culture, or as an ELISA standard. In contrast, the carrier free protein is recommended for applications, in which the presence of BSA could interfere.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 200 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human EGF (Catalog # 236‑GMP) stimulates proliferation of the Balb/3T3 mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line. The ED50 for this effect is 20‑100 pg/mL.
1 µg/lane of GMP-grade Recombinant Human EGF (Catalog # 236-GMP) was resolved by SDS-PAGE and visualized by silver staining under reducing (R) conditions, showing a single band at 6 kDa.
MALDI‑TOF analysis of GMP‑grade Recombinant Human EGF (Catalog #
236‑GMP). The major peak corresponds to the calculated molecular mass, 6353 Da. The minor peak at 6549 Da is a matrix-associated artifact of the MALDI-TOF.
Epidermal growth factor (EGF) is the founding member of the EGF family that also includes TGF-alpha, amphiregulin (AR), betacellulin (BTC), epiregulin (EPR), heparin‑binding EGF‑like growth factor (HB‑EGF), epigen, and the neuregulins (NRG)-1 through -6 (1). Members of the EGF family share a structural motif, the EGF‑like domain, which is characterized by three intramolecular disulfide bonds that are formed by six similarly spaced conserved cysteine residues (2). All EGF family members are synthesized as type I transmembrane precursor proteins that may contain several EGF domains in the extracellular region. The mature proteins are released from the cell surface by regulated proteolysis (1). The 1207 amino acid (aa) human EGF precursor contains nine EGF domains and nine LDLR class B repeats. The mature protein consists of 53 aa and is generated by proteolytic excision of the EGF domain proximal to the transmembrane region (3). Mature human EGF shares 70% aa sequence identity with mature mouse and rat EGF. EGF is present in various body fluids, including blood, milk, urine, saliva, seminal fluid, pancreatic juice, cerebrospinal fluid, and amniotic fluid (4). Four ErbB (HER) family receptor tyrosine kinases including EGFR/ErbB1, ErbB2, ErbB3 and ErbB4, mediate responses to EGF family members (5). These receptors undergo a complex pattern of ligand induced homo- or hetero-dimerization to transduce EGF family signals (6, 7). EGF binds ErbB1 and depending on the context, induces the formation of homodimers or heterodimers containing ErbB2. Dimerization results in autophosphorylation of the receptor at specific tyrosine residues to create docking sites for a variety of signaling molecules (5, 8). Biological activities ascribed to EGF include epithelial development, angiogenesis, inhibition of gastric acid secretion, fibroblast proliferation, and colony formation of epidermal cells in culture.
- Harris, R.C. et al. (2003) Exp. Cell Res. 284:2.
- Carpenter, G. and Cohen, S. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265:7709.
- Bell, G.I. et al. (1986) Nucl. Acids Res. 14:8427.
- Carpenter, G. and Zendegui, J.G. (1986) Exp. Cell Res. 164:1.
- Jorissen, R.N. et al. (2003) Exp. Cell Res. 284:31.
- Gamett, D.C. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:12052.
- Qian, X. et al. (1994) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 91:1500.
- Qian, X. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:574.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, mass spectrometry results, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Animal-Free Manufacturing Conditions
Our dedicated controlled-access animal-free laboratories ensure that at no point in production are the products exposed to potential contamination by animal components or byproducts. Every stage of manufacturing is conducted in compliance with R&D Systems' stringent Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Production and purification procedures use equipment and media that are confirmed animal-free.
- All molecular biology procedures use animal-free media and dedicated labware.
- Dedicated fermentors are utilized in committed animal-free areas.
- Protein purification columns are animal-free.
- Bulk proteins are filtered using animal-free filters.
- Purified proteins are stored in animal-free containers in a dedicated cold storage room.
- Low Endotoxin Level.
- No impairment of biological activity.
- High quality product obtained under stringent conditions.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Animal-Free Recombinant Proteins
Basement Membrane Extracts
GMP Recombinant Proteins
Tocris Small Molecules
Reviews for Recombinant Human EGF GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human EGF GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human EGF GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image