Recombinant Human Wnt-3a GMP Protein, CF Summary
The ED50 for this effect is <500 ng/mL. Protein concentrations should be titrated based on cell type and if appropriate, passage number of the cell line.
Optimal concentrations should be determined by each laboratory for each application.
Manufactured and tested under cGMP guidelines.
|Formulation||Lyophilized from a 0.2 μm filtered solution in PBS, EDTA and CHAPS.|
|Reconstitution||Reconstitute at 200 μg/mL in PBS.|
|Shipping||The product is shipped at ambient temperature. Upon receipt, store it immediately at the temperature recommended below.|
|Stability & Storage:||Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human Wnt-3a (Catalog # 5036-GMP) induces alkaline phosphatase production by the MC3T3‑E1 mouse preosteoblast cell line. The ED50 for this effect is 5-25 ng/mL.
GMP-grade Recombinant Human Wnt-3a (Catalog # 5036-GMP) induces beta -catenin-responsive transcriptional activation in a Topflash Luciferase assay using the HEK293T human embryonic kidney cell line. The ED50 for this effect is 500 ng/mL.
Wnt-3a is one of 19 vertebrate members of the Wingless-type MMTV integration site (Wnt) family of highly conserved cysteine-rich secreted glycoproteins important for normal developmental processes (1). Wnts bind to the cell surface Frizzled family receptors in conjunction with low-density lipoprotein receptor-related protein family receptors (LRP5 or 6) resulting in the stabilization of intracellular beta -catenin levels (2). As intracellular beta -catenin levels rise, beta -catenin binds to TCF/LEF transcription factors leading to expression of Wnt target genes (3). Endo-IWR 1 (Catalog # 3532, # PSM1324) is a cell-permeant small molecule inhibitor of Axin turnover that suppresses Wnt signal transduction by stabilizing the beta -catenin destruction complex (4). Wnt-3a is a 44 kDa secreted hydrophobic glycoprotein containing a conserved pattern of 24 cysteine residues (5). Wnt-3a has two N-linked glycosylation sites (Asn 87, Asn 298), and Ser 209 is modified with palmitoleic acid (6). Glycosylation and acylation are essential for efficient Wnt secretion and biological activity, respectively (6, 7). Human Wnt-3a shares 96% amino acid (aa) identity with mouse mouse, bovine and canine Wnt-3a, and 89%, 86% and 84% aa identity with chicken, Xenopus and zebrafish Wnt-3a, respectively. It also shares 87% aa identity with Wnt3. During embryonic development, Wnt-3a is necessary for proper development of the hippocampus, anterior-posterior patterning, somite development, and tailbud formation (9-12). Wnt-3a also promotes self-renewal of hematopoietic stem cells, neural stem cells, and embryonic stem cells (13, 14).
- Willert, K. and Nusse, R. (2012) Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Biol. 4:a007864.
- MacDonald, B.T. and X. He (2012) Cold Spring Harb. Perspect. Biol. 4:a007880.
- Korinek, V. et al. (1997) Science 275:1784.
- Chen, B. et al. (2009) Nat. Chem. Biol. 5:100.
- Smolich, B.D. et al. (1993) Mol. Biol. Cell 4:1267.
- Takada, R. et al. (2006) Dev. Cell 11:791.
- Komekado, H. (2007) Genes Cells 12:521.
- Dunty Jr. W. C. et al. (2008) Development 135:85.
- Ikeya, M. and S. Takada (2001) Mech. Dev. 103:27.
- Lee, S. M. et al. (2000) Development 127:457.
- Takada, S. et al. (1994) Genes Dev. 8:174.
- Willert, K. et al. (2003) Nature 423:6938.
- Kalani, M.Y. et al. (2008) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:16970.
- Ten Berge, D. et al. (2011) Nat. Cell Biol. 13:1070.
Manufacturing SpecificationsGMP Proteins
R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne Brand's GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.
R&D Systems' quality focus includes:
- Manufactured and tested under an ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 certified quality system
- Documented processes and QA control of documentation and process changes
- Personnel training programs
- Raw material testing and vendor qualification/monitoring
- Fully validated equipment, processes and test methods
- Equipment calibration schedules using a computerized calibration program
- Facility maintenance, safety programs and pest control
- Material review process for variances
- Monitoring of stability over product shelf-life
- N-terminal amino acid analysis, SDS-PAGE analysis, and endotoxin level (as determined by LAL assay) performed on each bulk QC lot, not on individual bottlings of each QC lot
- Post-bottling lot-specific bioassay results (compliance with an established range) and results of microbial bioburden testing (using broth culture, Sabourand's dextrose and blood agar plates with results reported at 3 days and at 7 days)
- Host Cell Protein testing performed by ELISA
- Mycoplasma testing by ribosomal RNA hybridization assay
Additional testing and documentation requested by the customer can be arranged at an additional cost. Testing may include, but is not limited to, USP <61> bioburden testing, positive identity testing, testing for adventitious agents and testing for residual host cell content.
Production records and facilities are available for examination by appropriate personnel on-site at R&D Systems in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.
R&D Systems sells GMP grade products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use. They are not for in vivo use. Please read the following End User Terms prior to using this product.
Product Specific Notices
The End User is aware that R&D Systems, Inc. sells GMP products for preclinical or clinical ex vivo use and not for in vivo use. The End User further agrees, as a condition of the sale of R&D Systems' GMP products that: a) the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research, or b) the End User will use the products outside of the United States in accordance with the protocols of research approved by the Institutional Review Board or authorized ethics committee and regulatory agencies to which the End User is subject to in their territory.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following limitation applies to R&D Systems' warranty and liability for damages: All products are warranted to meet R&D Systems' published specifications when used under normal laboratory conditions.
R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ITS PRODUCTS. IN PARTICULAR, R&D SYSTEMS DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY OF SUITABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS AND/OR ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN R&D SYSTEMS AND PURCHASER FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE PRODUCTS, R&D SYSTEMS' TOTAL LIABILITY TO PURCHASER ARISING FROM OR IN RELATION TO THESE TERMS, AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES OR THE PRODUCTS, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY PURCHASER TO R&D SYSTEMS FOR THE APPLICABLE PRODUCTS. IN NO EVENT WILL R&D SYSTEMS BE LIABLE FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS.
Full details of R&D Systems' Terms and Conditions of Sale can be found online at: RnDSystems.com/Legal.
Citation for Recombinant Human Wnt-3a GMP Protein, CF
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
APC downregulated 1 inhibits breast cancer cell invasion by inhibiting the canonical WNT signaling pathway
Authors: SG Cho
Oncol Lett, 2017;14(4):4845-4852.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Proteins and Enzyme FAQs
Animal-Free Recombinant Proteins
Basement Membrane Extracts
GMP Recombinant Proteins
Tocris Small Molecules
Reviews for Recombinant Human Wnt-3a GMP Protein, CF
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Recombinant Human Wnt-3a GMP Protein, CF and earn rewards!
Have you used Recombinant Human Wnt-3a GMP Protein, CF?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image