Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antibody Summary
Accession # Q9UHI8
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
ADAMTS1 in Human Placenta. ADAMTS1 was detected in immersion fixed paraffin-embedded sections of human placenta using 15 µg/mL Goat Anti-Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF3079) overnight at 4 °C. Tissue was stained with the Anti-Goat HRP-DAB Cell & Tissue Staining Kit (brown; Catalog # CTS008) and counterstained with hematoxylin (blue). View our protocol for Chromogenic IHC Staining of Paraffin-embedded Tissue Sections.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
ADAMTS1 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 1), also known as METH1, is the founding member of the family of secreted zinc proteases with a multi-domain structure (1-3). The protein precursors consist of signal peptide and following domains: pro, catalytic, disintegrin-like, TS type 1 motif, cysteine-rich, spacer and a variable number of TS type 1 motifs. Based on their substrate specificity, ADAMTS1 and associated family members may be key enzymes in degradation of cartilage leading to inflammation and arthritis (4). It is an active protease cleaving alpha -2-macroglobulin (5), aggrecan (6), and versican (7). Compared to ADAMTS4 (aggrecanase 1) and ADAMTS5 (aggrecanase 2), the aggrecanase activity of ADAMTS1 is lower. However, its activity can be enhanced by the binding of cofactor such as fibulin-1 (8). The aggrecanase activity can be inhibited using 5 mM 1,10 Phenanthroline. ADAMTS1 is essential for normal growth and the structure and function of the kidneys, adrenal glands and female reproductive organs (9). It also plays an important role in atherosclerosis (10). It has been shown to inhibit endothelial cell proliferation by direct binding and sequestration of VEGF165 and to inhibit fibroblast migration at high concentrations by binding to FGF-2 (11, 12). The purified rhADAMTS1 starts at the N-terminus of the catalytic domain and ends in the beginning of the spacer region.
- Vazquez, F. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:23349.
- Kuno, K. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:556.
- Porter, S. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 386:15.
- Nagase, H. and M. Kashiwagi (2003) Arthritis Res. Ther. 5:94.
- Kuno, K. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:18821.
- Kuno, K. et al. (2000) FEBS Lett. 478:241.
- Russel, D. L. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:42330.
- Lee, N., et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:34796.
- Shindo, T., et al. (2000) J. Clin. Invest. 105:1345.
- Wight, T.N. (2005) Arterioscler Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25:12.
- Luque, A. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:23656.
- Krampert, M. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:23844.
Citation for Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
The Metalloproteinase ADAMTS5 Is Expressed by Interstitial Inflammatory Cells in IgA Nephropathy and Is Proteolytically Active on the Kidney Matrix
Authors: S Taylor, M Whitfield, J Barratt, A Didangelos
J. Immunol., 2020;0(0):.
Sample Types: Whole Tissue
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAMTS1 Propeptide Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image