Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody
Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_001130000
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Serpin E2/PN1
Serpin E2, also known as protease nexin I or glial-derived nexin (GDN), is a member of the Serpin superfamily of the serine protease inhibitors (1). Serpin E2 is a potent inhibitor of thrombin, plasmin and plasminogen activators (2). It is differentially expressed during neuronal differentiation and is able to transform human embryonic kidney cells into neuron-like cells (3). Its over‑expression in mice leads to progressive neuronal and motor dysfunction in these animals (4). It is also over‑expressed in the majority of pancreatic carcinoma as well as gastric and colorectal cancer samples whereas it is weakly expressed in all normal pancreas and chronic pancreatitis tissue samples (5). It plays an important role in controlling male fertility because its knockout male mice show a marked impairment in fertility from the onset of sexual maturity and its abnormal expression is found in the semen of men with seminal dysfunction (6). The deduced amino acid sequence of rhSerpin E2 is the same as that in NP_001130000, which predicts Arg329 in its 397 amino acid residues (7). An alternatively splice form predicts Thr-Gly at positions 329 and 330 in its 398 amino acid sequence (8‑10).
- Silverman, G.A. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:33293.
- Rossignol, P. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:10346.
- Lin, H.J. et al. (2005) Int. J. Dev. Neurosci. 23:9.
- Meins, M. et al. (2001) J. Neurosci. 21:8830.
- Buchholz, M. et al. (2003) Cancer Res. 63:4945.
- Murer, V. et al. (2001) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 98:3029.
- Strausberg, R.L. et al. (2002) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 99:16899.
- Sommer, J. et al. (1987) Biochemistry 26:6407.
- Gloor, S. et al. (1986) Cell 47:687.
- McGrogan, M. et al. (1988) Bio/Technology 6:172.
Citation for Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Serpin E2 promotes breast cancer metastasis by remodeling the tumor matrix and polarizing tumor associated macrophages
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Serpin E2/PN1 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image