Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody Summary
Accession # P21980
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of HeLa human cervical epithelial carcinoma cell line, HepG2 human hepatocellular carcinoma cell line, and K562 human chronic myelogenous leukemia cell line. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB4376) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF007). A specific band was detected for Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 at approximately 85 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Transglutaminase 2/TGM2
Transglutaminase 2 (TG2), encoded by the TGM2 gene, is also known as tissue transglutaminase (tTG), transgluytaminase C (TGC), and protein-glutamine-gamma -glutamyltransferase. It belongs to the family of transglutaminases that catalyze the posttranslational modification of proteins via calcium dependent cross-linking reactions (1‑3). In addition to its function in protein cross-linking, TGM2 is also capable of hydrolyzing both GTP and ATP (4) and has intrinsic kinase activity (5). TGM2 has been implicated in a variety of human diseases including celiac disease, inclusion body myositis, atherosclerosis, and neurodegenerative diseases (6‑7).
- Gentile, V. et al. (1991) J. Biol. Chem. 266:478.
- Chen, J.S.K. and K. Mehta (1999) Internat. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 31:817.
- Griffin, M. et al. (2002) Biochem. J. 368:377.
- Lai, T.S. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:1776.
- Mishra, S. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:18108.
- Kim, S-Y. et al. (2002) Neurochem. Int. 40:85.
- Lesort, M. et al. (2000) Prog. Neurobiol. 61:439.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Transglutaminase 2/TGM2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image