Human ADAM10 Antibody
Human ADAM10 Antibody Summary
Accession # O14672
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
This antibody functions as an ELISA detection antibody when paired with Mouse Anti-Human ADAM10 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB14271).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
ADAM10 (also known as Kuzbanian, mammalian disintegrin metalloprotease, myelin-associated metalloproteinase) is a member of the ADAM family that contains a disintegrin and metalloprotease-like domain (1, 2). Like other membrane-anchored ADAMs, ADAM10 consists of the following domains, pro with a cysteine switch and furin cleavage sequence, catalytic with the zinc-binding site and Met-turn expected for reprolysins, disintegrin-like, cysteine-rich, EGF-like, transmembrane, and cytoplasmic. ADAM10 is highly conserved, with 97% amino acid identity between mouse, rat, bovine and human and 45% identity between mouse and Drosophila. The active enzyme processes notch, notch ligand delta, and amyloid protein precursor at the alpha site, playing an important role in neurogenesis (3, 4). It also processes the 26 kDa membrane-anchored pro-tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha ) to the 17 kDa mature TNF-alpha (5). It cleaves myelin basic protein and type IV collagen (6, 7). ADAM10 is widely expressed in tissues and resides both on the cell surface and in the cell (8, 9).
- Rooke, et al. (1996) Science 273:1227.
- Pan and Rubin (1997) Cell 90:271.
- Qi, et al. (1999) Science 283:91.
- Lammich, et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:3922.
- Rosendahl, et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:24588.
- Chantry, et al. (1989) J. Biol. Chem. 264:21603.
- Millichip, et al. (1998) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 245:594.
- Chantry and Glynn (1990) Biochem. J. 268:245.
- Fahrenholz, et al. (2000) Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 920:215.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human ADAM10 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAM10 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAM10 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image