Human ADAM8 aa 158-497 Antibody Summary
Accession # P78325
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human ADAM8 by Western Blot. Western blot shows Recombinant Human ADAM8 aa 158-497 (Catalog # 1031-AD). PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human ADAM8 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB1031) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF018). A specific band was detected for ADAM8 aa158-497 at approximately 40 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
ADAM8, also known as cell surface antigen MS2 or CD156a, is a member of the ADAM family that contains a disintegrin and metalloprotease-like domain (1, 2). ADAM8 can cleave a variety of substrates and has been shown as a sheddase for the low affinity IgE receptor CD23 and the neural recognition molecule CHL1 (3, 4). Expression and regulation studies suggest that ADAM8 is a novel osteoclast stimulating factor and may play a role in asthma (5, 6). The 824 amino acid precursor of human ADAM8 consists of a signal peptide (residues 1 to 16), a pro peptide (residues 17 to 199), a metaloprotease domain (residues 200 to 400), a disintegrin-like domain (residues 408 to 494), a cysteine-rich region (residues 497 to 613), an EGF-like domain (residues 614 to 640), a transmembrane region (residues 656 to 676) and a cytoplasmic domain (residues 677 to 824).
- Yoshiyama, K. et al. (1997) Genomics 41:56.
- Moss, M.L. and J.W. Bartsch (2004) Biochemistry 43:7227.
- Fourie, A.M. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:30469.
- Naus, S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:16083.
- Choi, S.J. et al. (2001) J. Bone Miner. Res. 16:814.
- King, N.E. et al. (2004) Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 31:257.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human ADAM8 aa 158-497 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAM8 aa 158-497 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAM8 aa 158-497 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image