Human ADAMTS4 Antibody Summary
Accession # O75173
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
ADAMTS4 in SH‑SY5Y Human Cell Line. ADAMTS4 was detected in immersion fixed SH‑SY5Y human neuroblastoma cell line using Mouse Anti-Human ADAMTS4 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB4307) at 8 µg/mL for 3 hours at room temperature. Cells were stained using the NorthernLights™ 557-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (red; Catalog # NL007) and counterstained with DAPI (blue). Specific staining was localized to cytoplasm. View our protocol for Fluorescent ICC Staining of Cells on Coverslips.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
ADAMTS4 (a disintegrin and metalloproteinase with thrombospondin motifs 4), also known as aggrecanase-1, is a member of the family of secreted zinc proteases with a multi-domain structure (1‑3). The protein precursors consist of a signal peptide and the following domains: pro, catalytic, disintegrin-like, TS type 1 motif, cysteine-rich, and spacer. It is the only ADAMTS identified that has one TS type I motif. It is an active protease effectively cleaving alpha -2-macroglobulin and aggrecan at multiple sites, and is inhibited by TIMP-3 with inhibition constants in subnanomolar range (4‑6). It receives great attention due to the elevation in its mRNA level after treatment with Interleukin-1 (7). However, in a mouse model of osteoarthritis, ADAMTS4 knock-out mice did not exhibit any significant protective effect (8). ADAMTS4 consists of a signal peptide (aa 1 to 51), a pro domain (aa 52 to 212) and a mature chain (aa 213 to 837) containing the following domains: catalytic (aa 218 to 425), disintegrin (aa 437 to 519), TSP type-1 (aa 520 to 575), Cys-rich (aa 577 to 685) and spacer (aa 686 to 837). The amino acid sequence of rhADAMTS4 is 100%, 97% and 94% identical to that of chimpanzee, dog, and mouse/rat/bovine.
- Totorella, M. D. et al. (1999) Science 284:1664.
- Porter, S. et al. (2005) Biochem. J. 386:15.
- Nagase, H. and M. Kashiwagi (2003) Arthritis Res. Ther. 5:94.
- Tortorella, M. D. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:17554.
- Struglics, A. et al. (2006) Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 14:101.
- Kashiwagi, M. et al. (2001) J. Biol. Chem. 276:12501.
- Pratta, M. A. et al. (2003) Arthritis Reum. 48:119.
- Glasson, S. S. et al. (2004) Arthritis Reum. 50:2547.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
ExactaChIP Chromatin Immunoprecipitation Kits
Reviews for Human ADAMTS4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human ADAMTS4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human ADAMTS4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image