Human CEACAM-6/CD66c Antibody Summary
Accession # P40199
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of CEACAM‑6/CD66c in Human Granulocytes by Flow Cytometry. Human whole blood granulocytes were stained with Mouse Anti-Human CEACAM-6/CD66c Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB3934, filled histogram) or isotype control antibody (Catalog # MAB003, open histogram), followed by Phycoerythrin-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG F(ab')2Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0102B).
Detection of CEACAM‑6/CD66c in HEK293 Human Cell Line Transfected with Human CEACAM-6/CD66c and eGFP by Flow Cytometry. HEK293 human embryonic kidney cell line transfected with (A) human CEACAM-6/CD66c or (B) irrelevant transfectants and eGFP was stained with Mouse Anti-Human CEACAM-6/CD66c Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB3934) followed by Allophycocyanin-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # F0101B). Quadrant markers were set based on control antibody staining (Catalog # MAB003).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 6 (CEACAM-6), previously called nonspecific cross‑reacting antigen (NCA) or CD66c, is one of seven human CEACAM family members within the immunoglobulin superfamily (1-4). In humans, CEACAMs include type I transmembrane proteins (CEACAM-1, -3, and -4) and Glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-linked molecules (CEACAM-5 through -8) (1). There is no human CEACAM-2. Human CEACAM-6 is a 90 kDa, GPI-linked membrane protein that contains a 34 amino acid (aa) signal sequence, a 286 aa extracellular domain (ECD), and a 24 aa hydrophobic C-terminal propeptide. The GPI membrane anchor is attached at the C-terminus following cleavage of the propeptide. CEACAM-6 contains one N-terminal V-type Ig-like domain (N domain), followed by two C2-type Ig-like domains (2-4). It shows considerable glycosylation, including (sialyl) LewisX, which mediates binding to E-Selectin, Galectins and some bacterial fimbrae (1, 2). Mature human CEACAM-6 shows 84%, 85%, 80%, 87% and 51% aa identity to the equivalent extracellular regions of human CEACAMs -1, -5 (CEA) and -8, rhesus CEACAM-2, and bovine CEACAM-6, respectively. CEACAM-6 is expressed by granulocytes and their precursors. Activation enhances surface expression by mobilizing CEACAM-6 from storage in azurophilic granules (5, 6). It often shows aberrant expression in acute lymphocytic leukemias (10). CEACAM-6 is also expressed in epithelia of various organs and is upregulated in pancreatic and colon adenocarcinomas and hyperplastic polyps (7, 8). Over-expression confers resistance to adhesion-related apoptosis (anoikis) in tumor cells (8, 9). CEACAM-6 is an intercellular adhesion molecule, forming both homotypic, and heterotypic bonds with CEACAM-1, -5 and -8 through interaction of the V-type Ig-like domains (11, 12). Cross-linking of neutrophil CEACAM-6 augments Integrin alpha v beta 3 and beta 2-mediated adhesion, apparently by Src and Caveolin-mediated inside-out Integrin activation (8, 13, 14).
- Beauchemin, N. et al. (1999) Exp. Cell Res. 252:243.
- Skubitz, K.M. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Regul. Homeost. Agents 13:244.
- Barnett, T. et al. (1988) Genomics 3:59.
- Tawaragi, Y. et al. (1988) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 150:89.
- Kuroki, M. et al. (1995) Immunol. Invest. 24:829.
- Ducker, T.P. and K.M. Skubitz (1992) J. Leukoc. Biol. 52:11.
- Scholzel, S. et al. (2000) Am. J. Pathol. 156:595.
- Duxbury, M.S. et al. (2004) J. Biol. Chem. 279:23176.
- Ilantzis, C. et al. (2002) Neoplasia 4:151.
- Kalina, T. et al. (2005) BMC Cancer 5:38.
- Oikawa, S. et al. (1992) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 186:881.
- Kuroki, M. et al. (2001) J. Leukoc. Biol. 70:543.
- Duxbury, M.S. et al. (2004) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Comm. 317:133.
- Skubitz, K.M. et al. (1999) J. Leukoc. Biol. 60:106.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human CEACAM-6/CD66c Antibody
Average Rating: 3 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human CEACAM-6/CD66c Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image