Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody
Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody Summary
Accession # P80511
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human EN‑RAGE/S100A12 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysate of human granulocytes. PVDF membrane was probed with 1 µg/mL of Mouse Anti-Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB10521) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF018). A specific band was detected for EN-RAGE/S100A12 at approximately 10 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
EN-RAGE, also known as S100A12 and Calgranulin C, is a 10 kDa member of the S100 (soluble in 100% saturated ammonium sulfate) family of EF-hand calcium-binding proteins. Like other S100 proteins, S100A12 is small and generally acidic (1‑3). EN-RAGE forms noncovalent homodimers in the absence of divalent cations (4‑6); calcium and zinc promote the formation of higher order assemblies including tetramers and hexamers (4, 7, 8). The ability of S100A12 to chelate zinc enables it to inhibit the zinc-dependent metalloproteases MMP-2, -3, and -9 (8). S100A12 also forms heterodimers with S100A9 and binds to RAGE (Receptor for Advanced Glycation End-products), Annexin V, and several cytosolic enzymes involved in energy metabolism (9, 10). The hexameric form of EN-RAGE in particular binds RAGE with high affinity (7). EN-RAGE induces a variety of inflammatory responses including the in vivo recruitment of neutrophils, monocytes, and mast cells and the activation of mast cells and vascular endothelial cells (9, 11‑14). EN-RAGE is found at elevated levels under inflammatory conditions such as asthma, gout, rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid, and atherosclerosis (8, 12, 14). S100A12 also promotes neurite outgrowth in isolated hippocampal neurons (15). An ortholog of S100A12 has not been identified in rodents, but the human protein is functional in mice and rats (11‑16).
- Santamaria-Kisiel, L. et al. (2006) Biochem. J. 396:201.
- Leclerc, E. et al. (2009) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1793:993.
- Wicki, R. et al. (1996) Cell Calcium 20:459.
- Moroz, O.V. et al. (2009) BMC Biochem. 10:11.
- Miranda, L.P. et al. (2001) FEBS Lett. 488:85.
- Vogl, T. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:25291.
- Xie, J. et al. (2007) J. Biol. Chem. 282:4218.
- Goyette, J. et al. (2009) J. Immunol. 183:593.
- Hatakeyama, T. et al. (2004) Eur. J. Biochem. 271:3765.
- Hofmann, M.A. et al. (1999) Cell 97:889.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2001) J. Leukoc. Biol. 69:986.
- Rouleau, P. et al. (2003) Clin. Immunol. 107:46.
- Yan, W.X. et al. (2008) J. Biol. Chem. 283:13035.
- Yang, Z. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:106.
- Mikkelsen, S.E. et al. (2001) J. Neurochem. 79:767.
- Fuellen, G. et al. (2004) OMICS 8:334.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human EN-RAGE/S100A12 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image