Human Matrilin-2 Antibody
Human Matrilin-2 Antibody Summary
Accession # AAH10444
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Matrilin-2 is an extracellular matrix protein that belongs to the superfamily of von Willebrand factor A (VWA) containing proteins. It is expressed in many tissues and functions as a bridging component between other matrix proteins (1‑4). The human Matrilin-2 cDNA encodes a 956 amino acid (aa) precursor with a 23 aa signal sequence, two VWA domains separated by ten tandem EGF-like repeats, and a C-terminal coiled-coil domain (5, 6). Alternate splicing generates Isoform 2 (with an 18 aa deletion near the C-terminus), Isoform 3 (with a deletion of the fourth EGF-like repeat), and Isoform 4 (with a deletion of the first VWA and first EGF-like repeat). Human Matrilin-2 shares 87% and 84% aa sequence identity with mouse and canine Matrilin-2, respectively, and 27%, 22%, and 33% aa sequence identity with human Matrilin-1, -3, and -4, respectively. Matrilin-2 forms a variety of disulfide-linked oligomers via its coiled-coil domain (4, 7, 8, 9). It can assemble into homotrimers or heterotrimers with Matrilin-1 and/or Matrilin-4 (4, 7, 8) but has not been detected in heterotrimers containing Matrilin-3 (8). The VWA domains are thought to mediate Matrilin-Matrilin interactions as well as interactions with other matrix proteins such as Fibronectin, Collagen I, Fibrillin-2, and Laminin-1/Nidogen-1 complexes (7). Matrilin-2 knockout mice do not display any obvious abnormalities, suggesting that the expression of other molecules can compensate for the lack of Matrilin-2 (10).
- Wagener, R. et al. (2005) FEBS Lett. 579:3323.
- Deak, F. et al. (1999) Matrix Biol. 18:55.
- Whittaker, C.A. and R.O. Hynes (2002) Mol. Biol. Cell 13:3369.
- Piecha, D. et al. (1999) J. Biol. Chem. 274:13353.
- Muratoglu, S. et al. (2000) Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 90:323.
- Deak, F. et al. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272:9268.
- Piecha, D. et al. (2002) Biochem. J. 367:715.
- Frank, S. et al. (2002) J. Biol. Chem. 277:19071.
- Pan, O.H. and K. Beck (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:14205.
- Mates, L. et al. (2004) Matrix Biol. 23:195.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Human Matrilin-2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Matrilin-2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Matrilin-2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image