Human Periostin/OSF-2 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q15063
This antibody functions as an ELISA capture antibody when paired with Mouse Anti-Human Periostin/OSF‑2 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB35484).
This product is intended for assay development on various assay platforms requiring antibody pairs. We recommend the Human Periostin/OSF-2 DuoSet ELISA Kit (Catalog # DY3548B) for convenient development of a sandwich ELISA.
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Human Periostin/OSF‑2 ELISA Standard Curve. Recombinant Human Periostin/OSF-2 protein was serially diluted 2-fold and captured by Mouse Anti-Human Periostin/OSF-2 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB35483) coated on a Clear Polystyrene Microplate (Catalog # DY990). Mouse Anti-Human Periostin/OSF-2 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB35484) was biotinylated and incubated with the protein captured on the plate. Detection of the standard curve was achieved by incubating Streptavidin-HRP (Catalog # DY998) followed by Substrate Solution (Catalog # DY999) and stopping the enzymatic reaction with Stop Solution (Catalog # DY994).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Periostin, also known as OSF-2, is a secreted matricellular protein with functions in extracellular matrix formation, cell migration, and inflammation (1). It is secreted as a 90 kDa monomer that can aggregate into >170 kDa higher-order multimers (2). Periostin contains an N-terminal EMI domain followed by four tandem FAS1 domains [takeshita]. Mature human Periostin shares 91% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat Periostin. Alternative splicing generates additional isoforms with various deletions in the C-terminal region following the FAS domains. Periostin is expressed by mesenchymal cells such as vascular smooth muscle cells, fibroblasts, osteoblasts, and odontoblasts in developing teeth (4-7). It is up-regulated in many carcinomas (2, 8). Periostin binds to Integrins alpha v beta 3 and alpha v beta 5 (2, 9), leading to enhanced cell adhesion and cell migration (2, 5, 6). It enhances Fibronectin and Collagen I production and promotes collagen fibrillogenesis (10, 11). It also induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition, tumor growth, invasion, and metastasis (9). Periostin induces the expression of VEGF R2 on endothelial cells and VEGF-C in tumor cells, and it can induce tumor lymphangiogenesis (8, 12). Periostin plays an important role in heart valve development and tissue healing after myocardial infarction (5, 13, 14). In asthma, it is up-regulated in bronchial epithelium and plays both destructive and protective roles by inducing eosinophil infiltration and inhibiting goblet cell metaplasia and mucus production, respectively (15, 16).
- Liu, A.Y. et al. (2014) Matrix Biol. 37:150.
- Gillan, L. et al. (2002) Cancer Res. 62:5358.
- Takeshita, S. et al. (1993) Biochem. J. 294:271.
- Kruzynska-Frejtag, A. et al. (2004) Dev. Dyn. 229:857.
- Lindner, V. et al. (2005) Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 25:77.
- Horiuchi, K. et al. (1999) J. Bone Miner. Res. 14:1239.
- Li, G. et al. (2006) Atherosclerosis 188:292.
- Shao, R. et al. (2004) Mol. Cell. Biol. 24:3992.
- Yan, W. and R. Shao (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:19700.
- Erkan, M. et al. (2007) Gastroenterology 132:1447.
- Norris, R.A. et al. (2007) J. Cell. Biochem. 101:695.
- Kudo, Y. et al. (2012) PLoS One 7:e44488.
- Snider, P. et al. (2008) Circ. Res. 102:752.
- Kuhn, B. et al. (2007) Nat. Med. 13:962.
- Blanchard, C. et al. (2008) Mucosal Immunol. 1:289.
- Sehra, S. et al. (2011) J. Immunol. 186:4959.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Periostin/OSF-2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Periostin/OSF-2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Periostin/OSF-2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image