Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_000184.1
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh ELISA Standard Curve. Recombinant Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh protein was serially diluted 2-fold and captured by Mouse Anti-Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB10939) coated on a Clear Polystyrene Microplate (Catalog # DY990). Mouse Anti-Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB109391) was biotinylated and incubated with the protein captured on the plate. Detection of the standard curve was achieved by incubating Streptavidin-HRP (Catalog # DY998) followed by Substrate Solution (Catalog # DY999) and stopping the enzymatic reaction with Stop Solution (Catalog # DY994).
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Background: Sonic Hedgehog/Shh
Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) is expressed in embryonic tissues that are critical for the patterning of the developing central nervous system, somite, and limb. It is also involved in whisker, hair, foregut, tooth, and bone development. Shh regulates neural and hematopoietic stem cell fate and is important for thymocyte differentiation and proliferation as well as T cell determination. In adult tissue Shh is associated with cancer development and tissue remodeling following injury (1-3). Human Shh encodes a 462 amino acid (aa) precursor protein that is autocatalytically processed to yield a non-glycosylated 19 kDa N-terminal fragment (Shh-N) and a glycosylated 25 kDa C-terminal protein (Shh-C) (4). Shh-C, which is responsible for the intramolecular processing of Shh, is rapidly degraded following Shh proteolysis (5). Shh-N is highly conserved, sharing >98% aa identity between mouse, human, rat, canine, porcine, and chicken Shh-N. Shh-N can be palmitoylated at itsN-terminal cysteine and modified by cholesterol addition at its C-terminus (6). These modifications contribute to the membrane tethering of Shh as well as its assembly into various sized multimers (6-9). Lipid modification and multimerization greatly increase Shh-N receptor binding affinity and signaling potency (5, 6, 8, 9). Monomeric and multimeric Shh can be released from the plasma membrane by the cooperative action of DISP1, SCUBE2, and TACE/ADAM17 (10-12). Modifications also extend the effective range of Shh functionality and are required for the development of protein gradients important in tissue morphogenesis (9, 13). Canonical signaling of Shh is mediated by a multicomponent receptor complex that includes Patched (PTCH1, PTCH2) and Smoothened (SMO) (14). The binding of Shh to PTCH releases the basal repression of SMO by PTCH. Shh activity can also be regulated through interactions with heparin, glypicans, and membrane-associated Hip (hedgehog interacting protein) (13, 15, 16).
- Briscoe, J. and P.P. Therond (2013) Mol. Cell. Biol. 14:416.
- Aviles, E.C. et al. (2013) Front. Cell. Neurosci. 7:86.
- Xie, J. et al. (2013) OncoTargets Ther. 6:1425.
- Marigo, V. et al. (1995) Genomics 28:44.
- Zeng, X. et al. (2001) Nature 411:716.
- Feng, J. et al. (2004) Development 131:4357.
- Goetz, J.A. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:4087.
- Pepinsky, R.B. et al. (1998) J. Biol. Chem. 273:14037.
- Chen, M.-H. et al. (2004) Genes Dev. 18:641.
- Etheridge, L.A. et al. (2010) Development 137:133.
- Jakobs, P. et al. (2014) J. Cell Sci. 127:1726.
- Dierker, T. et al. (2009) J. Biol. Chem. 284:8013.
- Lewis, P.M. et al. (2001) Cell 105:599.
- Carpenter, D. et al. (1998) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95:13630.
- Filmus, J. and M. Capurro (2014) Matrix Biol. 35:248.
- Chuang, P.-T. and A.P. McMahon (1999) Nature 397:617.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human Sonic Hedgehog/Shh Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image