Cotton Rat IL-4 Antibody
Cotton Rat IL-4 Antibody Summary
Accession # AAL18820
Cotton Rat IL-4 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B cell-stimulatory factor-1, is a monomeric, approximately 13 kDa‑18 kDa Th2 cytokine that shows pleiotropic effects during immune responses (1‑3). It is a glycosylated polypeptide that contains three intrachain disulfide bridges and adopts a bundled four alpha -helix structure (4). Cotton rat IL‑4 is synthesized with a 24 amino acid (aa) signal sequence. Mature cotton rat IL‑4 shares 41%, 44%, 57%, and 68% aa sequence identity with bovine, human, mouse, and rat IL-4, respectively. IL-4 exerts its effects through two receptor complexes (5, 6). The type I receptor, which is expressed on hematopoietic cells, is a heterodimer of the ligand binding IL-4 R alpha and the common gamma chain (a shared subunit of the receptors for IL-2, -7, -9, -15, and -21). The type II receptor on nonhematopoietic cells consists of IL-4 R alpha and IL-13 R alpha 1. The type II receptor also transduces IL-13 mediated signals. IL-4 is primarily expressed by Th2-biased CD4+ T cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils (1, 2). It promotes cell proliferation, survival, and immunoglobulin class switch to IgE in B cells, acquisition of the Th2 phenotype by naïve CD4+ T cells, priming and chemotaxis of mast cells, eosinophils, and basophils, and the proliferation and activation of epithelial cells (7‑10). IL-4 plays a dominant role in the development of allergic inflammation and asthma (9, 11).
- Benczik, M. and S.L. Gaffen (2004) Immunol. Invest. 33:109.
- Chomarat, P. and J. Banchereau (1998) Int. Rev. Immunol. 17:1.
- Accession # AAL18820.
- Redfield, C. et al. (1991) Biochemistry 30:11029.
- Mueller, T.D. et al. (2002) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1592:237.
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:701.
- Paludan, S.R. (1998) Scand. J. Immunol. 48:459.
- Corthay, A. (2006) Scand. J. Immunol. 64:93.
- Ryan, J.J. et al. (2007) Crit. Rev. Immunol. 27:15.
- Grone, A. (2002) Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 88:1.
- Rosenberg, H.F. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:1303.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Cotton Rat IL-4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Cotton Rat IL-4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Cotton Rat IL-4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image