Human NrCAM Antibody
Human NrCAM Antibody Summary
Accession # Q14CA1
Complete Your Research
Complete Your Experiment
under non-reducing conditions only
Human NrCAM Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
NgCAM related cell adhesion molecule (NrCAM), also known as Bravo, belongs to the L1 family of cell adhesion molecules, which also include L1, neurofascin and close homolog of L1 (CHL-1) (1). These molecules are type I transmembrane proteins that have 6 Ig-like domains and 4 - 5 fibronectin type III-like domains in their extracellular domain. They also shared a conserved cytoplasmic region containing an ankyrin-binding site. L1 family cell adhesion molecules are expressed primarily in the nervous system where they share overlapping functions in controlling axonal growth and guidance (1, 2). NrCam mediates homophilic adhesion as well as heterophilic adhesion with a number of neuronal adhesion molecules including contactin, TAG-1/contactin-2, neurofascin and receptor tyrosine phosphatase beta (RPTP beta ) (3-5). NrCAM has been implicated in the axogenesis of multiple neuronal populations including sensory axons and commissural axons in the spinal cord of chick embryos. It also plays a role in cerebellar granule cell development, and is required in node of Ranvier formation (5, 6).
- Hortsch, M. (2000) Mol. Cell. Neurosci. 15:1.
- Stoeckli, E.T. and L.T. Landmesser (1995) Neruon 14:1165.
- Mauro, V.P. et al. (1992) 119:191.
- Fustig, M. Sakurai, T. and M. Grumet (1999) Dev. Bio. 209:340.
- Sakurai, T. et al. (2001) J. Cell Bio. 154:1259.
- Custer, A.W. et al. (2003) J. Neuroscience 23:10032.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human NrCAM Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human NrCAM Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human NrCAM Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image