Human NT-4 Antibody Summary
Accession # P34130
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Cell Proliferation Induced by NT‑4 and Neutralization by Human NT‑4 Antibody. Recombinant Human NT-4 (Catalog # 268-N4) stimulates proliferation in BaF-TrKB-BD mouse pro-B cell line transfected with TrkB in a dose-dependent manner (orange line). Proliferation elicited by Recombinant Human NT-4 (40 ng/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Goat Anti-Human NT-4 Antigen Affinity-purified Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AF-268-NA). The ND50is typically 0.4-2 µg/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Neurotrophin-4 (NT-4), also known as NT-5, is a member of the NGF family of neuronal and epithelial growth factors. Neurotrophins have six conserved cysteine residues that are involved in the formation of three disulfide bonds (1‑3). The human NT-4 cDNA encodes a 210 amino acid (aa) precursor that includes a 24 aa signal sequence, a 56 aa propeptide, and a 130 aa mature protein (4, 5). NT‑4 is synthesized as a 28 kDa prepropeptide that is proteolytically processed to generate the mature protein. Mature human NT-4 shares 48‑52% aa sequence identity with human beta-NGF, BDNF, and NT-3. It shares 91% and 95% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat NT-4/5, respectively. The mature protein is secreted as a homodimer and can also form heterodimers with BDNF or NT-3 (6). NT-4 binds and induces receptor dimerization and activation of TrkB (4, 7). NT-4 promotes the development and survival of selected peripheral and CNS neurons (8‑10). BDNF, which also activates TrkB, overlaps with many but not all NT-4 functions, a distinction that is likely due to differences in expression patterns (8‑10). NT-4 induced TrkB signaling augments NMDA receptor activity and increases neuronal sensitivity to excitotoxic cell death (11). It also promotes the proliferation of keratinocytes and accelerates hair follicle regression during the follicular cycle (12, 13). NT-4 is secreted by activated T cells and granulocytes at sites of inflammation where it contributes to tissue regeneration (14‑16).
- Lessmann, V. et al. (2003) Prog. Neurobiol. 69:341.
- Tabakman, R. et al. (2004) Prog. Brain Res. 146:387.
- Botchkarev, V.A. et al. (2004) Prog. Brain Res. 146:493.
- Ip, N.Y. et al. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 89:3060.
- Berkemeier, L.R. et al. (1991) Neuron 7:857.
- Radziejewski, C. and R.C. Robinson (1993) Biochemistry 32:13350.
- Vesa, J. et al. (2000) J. Biol. Chem. 275:24414.
- Davies, A.M. et al. (1993) J. Neurosci. 13:4961.
- Stucky, C.L. et al. (1998) J. Neurosci. 18:7040.
- Fan, G. et al. (2000) Nat. Neurosci. 3:350.
- Choi, S.Y. et al. (2004) J. Neurochem. 88:708.
- Botchkarev, V.A. et al. (1999) Lab. Invest. 79:557.
- Botchkarev, V.A. et al. (1999) FASEB J. 13:395.
- Laurenzi, M.A. et al. (1998) J. Leukoc. Biol. 64:228.
- Moalem, G. et al. (2000) J. Autoimmun. 15:331.
- Nassenstein, C. et al. (2003) J. Exp. Med. 198:455.
Citation for Human NT-4 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-4/5 are expressed in breast cancer and can be targeted to inhibit tumor cell survival.
Authors: Vanhecke E, Adriaenssens E, Verbeke S, Meignan S, Germain E, Berteaux N, Nurcombe V, Le Bourhis X, Hondermarck H
Clin. Cancer Res., 2011;17(7):1741-52.
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Human NT-4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human NT-4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human NT-4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image