Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Antibody Summary
Accession # NP_057466
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 in Human Spleen. 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 was detected in immersion fixed paraffin-embedded sections of human spleen using Mouse Anti-Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB1039) at 1 µg/mL for 1 hour at room temperature followed by incubation with the Anti-Mouse IgG VisUCyte™ HRP Polymer Antibody (Catalog # VC001). Tissue was stained using DAB (brown) and counterstained with hematoxylin (blue). Specific staining was localized to splenocytes. View our protocol for IHC Staining with VisUCyte HRP Polymer Detection Reagents.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
2B4, also known as CD244 and SLAMF4, is a 66 kDa type I transmembrane glycoprotein in the SLAM subgroup of the CD2 protein family. SLAM family proteins have an extracellular domain (ECD) with two or four Ig-like domains and at least two cytoplasmic immunoreceptor tyrosine-based switch motifs (ITSMs). 2B4 interacts with CD48, while other SLAM family proteins interact homophilically (1‑4). Mature human 2B4 consists of a 208 amino acid (aa) ECD with two Ig-like domains, a 21 aa transmembrane segment, and a 120 aa cytoplasmic domain with four ITSMs (5, 6). Three additional splice variants of human 2B4 have deletions of the short region between the Ig-like domains, the second Ig-like domain, or a portion of the cytoplasmic tail. Within the ECD, human 2B4 shares 46% and 40% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat 2B4, respectively. The ECD of human 2B4 shares 17%‑24% aa sequence identity with comparable regions of human CD2 family members BLAME, CD2F-10, CD84, CD229, CRACC, NTB-A, and SLAM. 2B4 is expressed on all NK cells, gamma δ T cells, monocytes, some CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, and some dendritic cells (7). CD48 mediates 2B4+ cell interactions with nearly all hematopoietic cell types, including cells of the same type (8‑10). 2B4/CD48 signaling cooperates with other receptor systems to either promote or inhibit NK and CD8+ T cell activation (7‑13). The inhibitory activities are distinct from those of MHC I restricted inhibitory NK cell receptors (12, 13). Ligation of 2B4 with antibodies or CD48 constructs can either directly trigger inhibitory signaling or disrupt an inhibitory interaction, leading to cellular activation (9, 12). The inhibitory effect is associated with the long form of 2B4, while the activation is associated with the short form (9, 14). 2B4 can also induce signaling through CD48 (10, 15).
- Bhat, R. et al. (2006) J. Leukoc. Biol. 79:417.
- Veillette, A. (2006) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6:56.
- McNerney, M.E. et al. (2005) Mol. Immunol. 42:489.
- Assarsson, E. et al. (2005) J. Immunol. 175:2045.
- Boles, K.S. et al. (1999) Tissue Antigens 54:27.
- Kubin, M.Z. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Immunol. 29:3466.
- Nakajima, H. et al. (1999) Eur. J. Immunol. 29:1676.
- Lee, K.M. et al. (2006) Blood 107:3181.
- Mooney, J.M. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:3953.
- Assarsson, E. et al. (2004) J. Immunol. 173:174.
- Bryceson, Y.T. et al. (2006) Blood 107:159.
- Lee, K-M. et al. (2004) J. Exp. Med. 199:1245.
- McNerney, M.E. et al. (2005) Blood 106:1337.
- Schatzle, J.D. et al. (1999) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:3870.
- Messmer, B. et al. (2006) J. Immunol. 176:4646.
Citation for Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Shear flow-dependent integration of apical and subendothelial chemokines in T-cell transmigration: implications for locomotion and the multistep paradigm.
Authors: Schreiber TH, Shinder V, Cain DW, Alon R, Sackstein R
Sample Types: Whole Cells
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Cell and Tissue Staining Kits
Reviews for Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human 2B4/CD244/SLAMF4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image