Human IL-2 Antibody Summary
Accession # P60568
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human IL‑2 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of monensin treated human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) with no additioan treatment (-) or additionaly treated (+) with 0.5 ug/mL calcium ionomycin (Iono) and 50 ng/mL PMA overnight. PVDF membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Goat Anti-Human IL-2 Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AB-202-NA) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Goat IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF017). A specific band was detected for IL-2 at approximately 14 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Cell Proliferation Induced by IL‑2 and Neutralization by Human IL‑2 Antibody. Recombinant Human IL-2 (Catalog # 202-IL) stimulates proliferation in the CTLL-2 mouse cytotoxic T cell line in a dose-dependent manner (orange line). Proliferation elicited by Recombinant Human IL-2 (2 ng/mL) is neutralized (green line) by increasing concentrations of Goat Anti-Human IL-2 Polyclonal Antibody (Catalog # AB-202-NA). The ND50 is typically 0.2-0.8 µg/mL.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a O-glycosylated, four alpha -helix bundle cytokine that has potent stimulatory activity for antigen-activated T cells. It is expressed by CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, gamma δ T cells, B cells, dendritic cells, and eosinophils (1-3). Mature human IL-2 shares 56% and 66% aa sequence identity with mouse and rat IL-2, respectively. Human and mouse IL-2 exhibit cross-species activity (4). The receptor for IL-2 consists of three subunits that are present on the cell surface in varying preformed complexes (5-7). The 55 kDa IL-2 R alpha is specific for IL-2 and binds with low affinity. The 75 kDa IL-2 R beta, which is also a component of the IL-15 receptor, binds IL-2 with intermediate affinity. The 64 kDa common gamma chain gamma c/IL-2 R gamma, which is shared with the receptors for IL-4, -7, -9, -15, and -21, does not independently interact with IL-2. Upon ligand binding, signal transduction is performed by both IL-2 R beta and gamma c. IL-2 is best known for its autocrine and paracrine activity on T cells. It drives resting T cells to proliferate and induces IL-2 and IL-2 R alpha synthesis (1, 2). It contributes to T cell homeostasis by promoting the
Fas-induced death of naïve CD4+ T cells but not activated CD4+ memory lymphocytes (8). IL-2 plays a central role in the expansion and maintenance of regulatory T cells, although it inhibits the development of Th17 polarized cells (9 - 11). Thus, IL-2 may be a key cytokine in the natural suppression of autoimmunity (12, 13).
- Ma, A. et al. (2006) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 24:657.
- Gaffen, S.L. and K.D. Liu (2004) Cytokine 28:109.
- Taniguchi, T. et al. (1983) Nature 302:305.
- Mosmann, T.R. et al. (1987) J. Immunol. 138:1813.
- Liparoto, S.F. et al. (2002) Biochemistry 41:2543.
- Wang, X. et al. (2005) Science 310:1159.
- Bodnar, A. et al. (2008) Immunol. Lett. 116:117.
- Jaleco, S. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 171:61.
- Malek, T.R. (2003) J. Leukoc. Biol. 74:961.
- Laurence, A. et al. (2007) Immunity 26:371.
- Kryczek, I. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 178:6730.
- Afzali, B. et al. (2007) Clin. Exp. Immunol. 148:32.
- Fehervari, Z. et al. (2006) Trends Immunol. 27:109.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human IL-2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Human IL-2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Human IL-2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image