Cotton Rat IL-2 Antibody
Cotton Rat IL-2 Antibody Summary
Accession # AF398549
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interleukin-2 (IL-2) is a O-glycosylated four alpha -helix bundle cytokine that has potent stimulatory activity for antigen-activated T cells. It is expressed by CD4+ and CD8+ T cells, gamma δ T cells, B cells, dendritic cells, and eosinophils (1-3). Mature cotton rat IL-2 shares 67%, 70% and 78% amino acid sequence identity with human, mouse and rat IL-2, respectively. The receptor for IL-2 consists of three subunits that are present on the cell surface in varying preformed complexes (4-6). The 55 kDa IL-2 R alpha is specific for IL-2 and binds with low affinity. The 75 kDa IL-2 R beta, which is also a component of the IL-15 receptor, binds IL-2 with intermediate affinity. The 64 kDa common gamma chain gamma c/IL-2 R gamma, which is shared with the receptors for IL-4, -7, -9, -15, and -21, does not independently interact with IL-2. Upon ligand binding, signal transduction is performed by both IL-2 R beta and gamma c. IL-2 is best known for its autocrine and paracrine activity on T cells. It drives resting T cells to proliferate and induces IL-2 and IL-2 R alpha synthesis (1, 2). It contributes to T cell homeostasis by promoting the Fas-induced death of naïve CD4+ T cells but not activated CD4+ memory lymphocytes (7). IL-2 plays a central role in the expansion and maintenance of regulatory T cells, although it inhibits the development of Th17 polarized cells (8-10). Thus, IL-2 may be a key cytokine in the natural suppression of autoimmunity (11, 12).
- Ma, A. et al. (2006) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 24:657.
- Gaffen, S.L. and K.D. Liu (2004) Cytokine 28:109.
- McKnight, A. et al. (1989) Immunogenetics 30:145.
- Liparoto, S.F. et al. (2002) Biochemistry 41:2543.
- Wang, X. et al. (2005) Science 310:1159.
- Bodnar, A. et al. (2008) Immunol. Lett. 116:117.
- Jaleco, S. et al. (2003) J. Immunol. 171:61.
- Malek, T.R. (2003) J. Leukoc. Biol. 74:961.
- Laurence, A. et al. (2007) Immunity 26:371.
- Kryczek, I. et al. (2007) J. Immunol. 178:6730.
- Afzali, B. et al. (2007) Clin. Exp. Immunol. 148:32.
- Fehervari, Z. et al. (2006) Trends Immunol. 27:109.
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Cotton Rat IL-2 Antibody
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review Cotton Rat IL-2 Antibody and earn rewards!
Have you used Cotton Rat IL-2 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image