Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 Antibody Summary
Accession # Q15848
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Detection of Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 by Western Blot. Western blot shows lysates of human adipose tissue. PVDF Membrane was probed with 2 µg/mL of Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 Monoclonal Antibody (Catalog # MAB10652) followed by HRP-conjugated Anti-Mouse IgG Secondary Antibody (Catalog # HAF007). A specific band was detected for Adiponectin/Acrp30 at approximately 32 kDa (as indicated). This experiment was conducted under reducing conditions and using Immunoblot Buffer Group 1.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Adiponectin, also known as Acrp30, is an adipocyte-derived protein with wide ranging paracrine and endocrine effects on metabolism and inflammation. It is induced during adipocyte differentiation, and its secretion is stimulated by insulin. It promotes adipocyte differentiation, fatty acid catabolism, and insulin sensitivity and is negatively correlated with obesity, type 2 diabetes, and atherogenesis. In this context, Adiponectin is an anti-inflammatory agent, but it exerts pro-inflammatory effects in non-metabolic disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease (1‑3). Adiponectin interacts with the receptors AdipoR1 and AdipoR2, calreticulin, and Cadherin 13/T-Cadherin, as well as with several growth factors (4‑7). Mature human Adiponectin consists of a 60 amino acid (aa) N-terminal collagenous region and a 137 aa C-terminal C1q-like globular domain which can be cleaved by a leukocyte-derived elastase (8, 9). Mature human Adiponectin shares 83% and 85% amino acid (aa) sequence identity with mouse and rat Adiponectin, respectively. Adiponectin associates into trimers that may assemble into medium molecular weight (MMW) hexamers and then into > 300 kDa high molecular weight (HMW) oligomers (10‑12). The glycosylation of four hydroxylated lysine residues in the collagenous domain is required for the intracellular formation of HMW complexes (13). The various multimeric forms of Adiponectin exhibit distinct tissue specific and gender specific profiles and activities (12, 14).
- Lara-Castro, C. et al. (2007) Curr. Opin. Lipidol. 18:263.
- Tilg, H. and A.R. Moschen (2006) Nat. Rev. Immunol. 6:772.
- Fantuzzi, G. (2008) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 121:326.
- Yamauchi, T. et al. (2007) Nat. Med. 13:332.
- Takemura, Y. et al. (2007) J. Clin. Invest. 117:375.
- Hug, C. et al. (2004) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 101:10308.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2005) J. Biol. Chem. 280:18341.
- Maeda, K. et al. (1996) Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 221:286.
- Waki, H. et al. (2005) Endocrinology 146:790.
- Waki, H. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:40352.
- Tsao, T.S. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:50810.
- Wang, Y. et al. (2008) Biochem. J. 409:623.
- Wang, H. et al. (2006) J. Biol. Chem. 281:16391.
- Pajvani, U.B. et al. (2003) J. Biol. Chem. 278:9073.
Citation for Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
1 Citation: Showing 1 - 1
Functional effects of adiponectin on endothelial progenitor cells.
Authors: Lavoie V, Kernaleguen AE, Charron G, Farhat N, Cossette M, Mamarbachi AM, Allen BG, Rheaume E, Tardif JC
Obesity (Silver Spring), 2011;19(4):722-8.
Sample Types: Cell Culture Supernates
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Human Adiponectin/Acrp30 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image