Rat IL-4 Antibody
Rat IL-4 Antibody Summary
Accession # P20096.2
Rat IL-4 Sandwich Immunoassay
Please Note: Optimal dilutions should be determined by each laboratory for each application. General Protocols are available in the Technical Information section on our website.
Preparation and Storage
- 12 months from date of receipt, -20 to -70 °C as supplied.
- 1 month, 2 to 8 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
- 6 months, -20 to -70 °C under sterile conditions after reconstitution.
Interleukin-4 (IL-4), also known as B cell-stimulatory factor-1, is a monomeric, approximately 13 kDa - 18 kDa Th2 cytokine that shows pleiotropic effects during immune responses (1-3). It is a glycosylated polypeptide that contains three intrachain disulfide bridges and adopts a bundled four alpha -helix structure (4). Rat IL-4 is synthesized with a 24 aa signal sequence. Mature rat IL-4 shares 41%, 43%, and 59% aa sequence identity with bovine, human, and mouse IL-4, respectively. Human, mouse, and rat IL-4 are species-specific in their activities (5-7). IL-4 exerts its effects through two receptor complexes (8, 9). The type I receptor, which is expressed on hematopoietic cells, is a heterodimer of the ligand binding IL-4 R alpha and the common gamma chain (a shared subunit of the receptors for IL-2, -7, -9, -15, and ‑21). The type II receptor on nonhematopoietic cells consists of IL-4 R alpha and IL-13 R alpha 1. The type II receptor also transduces IL-13 mediated signals. IL-4 is primarily expressed by Th2-biased CD4+ T cells, mast cells, basophils, and eosinophils (1, 2). It promotes cell proliferation, survival, and immunoglobulin class switch to IgG1 and IgE in rodent B cells, acquisition of the Th2 phenotype by naïve CD4+ T cells, priming and chemotaxis of mast cells, eosinophils, and basophils, and the proliferation and activation of epithelial cells (10-13). IL-4 plays a dominant role in the development of allergic inflammation and asthma (12, 14).
- Benczik, M. and S.L. Gaffen (2004) Immunol. Invest. 33:109.
- Chomarat, P. and J. Banchereau (1998) Int. Rev. Immunol. 17:1.
- McKnight, A.J. et al. (1991) Eur. J. Immunol. 21:1187.
- Redfield, C. et al. (1991) Biochemistry 30:11029.
- Ramirez, F. et al. (1988) J. Immunol. Meth. 221:141.
- Leitenberg, D. and T.L. Feldbush (1988) Cell. Immunol. 111:451.
- Mosman, T.R. et al. (1987) J. Immunol. 138:1813.
- Mueller, T.D. et al. (2002) Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1592:237.
- Nelms, K. et al. (1999) Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:701.
- Paludan, S.R. (1998) Scand. J. Immunol. 48:459.
- Corthay, A. (2006) Scand. J. Immunol. 64:93.
- Ryan, J.J. et al. (2007) Crit. Rev. Immunol. 27:15.
- Grone, A. (2002) Vet. Immunol. Immunopathol. 88:1.
- Rosenberg, H.F. et al. (2007) J. Allergy Clin. Immunol. 119:1303.
Citations for Rat IL-4 Antibody
R&D Systems personnel manually curate a database that contains references using R&D Systems products. The data collected includes not only links to publications in PubMed, but also provides information about sample types, species, and experimental conditions.
Citations: Showing 1 - 3
Filter your results:
Adenine Nucleotide Translocase 1 Expression Modulates the Immune Response in Ischemic Hearts
Authors: F Yergöz, J Friebel, N Kränkel, U Rauch-Kroe, HP Schultheis, U Landmesser, A Dörner
Sample Types: Cell Lysates
Applications: Western Blot
The role of cyclosporine and mycophenolate in an orthotopic porcine-to-rat corneal xenotransplantation.
Authors: Lee HI, Kim MK, Oh JY, Ko JH, Lee HJ, Wee WR, Lee JH
J. Korean Med. Sci., 2008;23(3):492-501.
Sample Types: Tissue Homogenates
Applications: ELISA Development
Overexpression of interleukin-13 induces minimal-change-like nephropathy in rats.
Authors: Lai KW, Wei CL, Tan LK, Tan PH, Chiang GS, Lee CG, Jordan SC, Yap HK
J. Am. Soc. Nephrol., 2007;18(5):1476-85.
Sample Types: Serum
Applications: ELISA Development
No product specific FAQs exist for this product, however you mayView all Antibody FAQs
Reviews for Rat IL-4 Antibody
Average Rating: 5 (Based on 1 Review)
Have you used Rat IL-4 Antibody?
Submit a review and receive an Amazon gift card.
$25/€18/£15/$25CAN/¥75 Yuan/¥1250 Yen for a review with an image
$10/€7/£6/$10 CAD/¥70 Yuan/¥1110 Yen for a review without an image
The antibody (MAB504) was paired with the goat antibody (BAF504) to build an ELISA for the measurement of rat IL-4. Both antibodies worked well, allowing for the development of an ELISA with good dynamic range and sensitivity.